While "Fish in a Pouch" may not sound delicious, this quick, clean and tasty dish is one of my favorites. Taking less than 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook this all in one meal is perfect to make for one person or a big dinner party and requires almost no clean up. You can use any starches, veggies and fish you like including cod, halibut or salmon and you can also toss in shrimp or scallops.
How to Do It
- Spread a large sheet of parchment paper out on your counter and spray a tiny bit of olive oil spray (like this one). Or you can brush a tiny bit of normal olive oil if you prefer. The spray is just a good way to watch your total calories.
- Layer sliced potatoes and any veggies you like such as cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus and shallots and add the fish.
- Top with two lemon slices and your favorite herbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold and wrap into a pouch (you can staple the ends if you like).
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30m.
- When done, simply tear open the pouch and slide onto a plate.
- Serve with a side salad or a simple tomato, balsamic and basil salad.