These mini egg white muffins are the perfect meal prep hack if you struggle getting a healthy, balanced breakfast with ample protein. A quick and easy batch of these will keep all week in your fridge and are easy to take with you to the gym or office. Pop them in a microwave for 30 seconds or just eat them cold like I do. Each muffin only has about 70 calories with only 2 carbs and 10g of protein. These include peppers, spinach, mushrooms and chives but you can add any veggies or meat (grilled chicken, turkey bacon) you like. Om nom nom.
Here's What to Do
- Layer your veggies in the bottom of a non stick muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cheese (mozzarella works great).
- Pour egg whites on top to almost (but not quite) full.
- Top with chopped chives.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.