My amazing client Sarah is a vegetarian meal prep all star! And she gets extra credit for this roasted eggplant, beet and cauliflower salad with spinach, almonds and Greek yogurt. The veggies can be roasted in a big batch and kept for the week and the salad can easily be tossed together at the office. This is a great way to get in your fibrous veggies and also a great way for vegetarians (and carnivores!) to get in ample protein (thanks to the Greek yogurt) and healthy fats (thanks to the almonds and olive oil). This recipe yields enough for 5-7 servings. Om nom nom!
Here's What To Do
- Take an eggplant, cut it lengthwise and then cut each length in half
- Slice individual slices based on desired thickness
- Mix in a bowl with 1 tbs olive oil and salt
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 400F for 30 minutes
- When they emerge from the oven brush with fresh lemon juice
- Take two pounds of golden beets and peel them
- Cut up into small chunks and mix with 2tbs olive oil, garlic cloves (as many as you like; Sarah likes 10) and salt
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 450F for 30 minutes (every 10 minutes, pull out of oven and stir)
- When they emerge from the oven, pour fresh lemon juice over them
- Take two heads of cauliflower and chop up into small florets
- Mix with 1/4c olive oil, garlic (as many as you like; Sarah likes 10) and salt
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 450F for 20 minutes (pull out and stir at 10 minutes)
Mixing It All Together
Take 1c beets, 1c cauliflower, and ~1/5 of the eggplant and pack that with raw spinach (about 1c). Microwave for 2 minutes, top with 1tbs of sliced almonds and a small container of non fat plain Greek yogurt et voila! You've got a delicious lunch!