Corporate Wellness & Consulting
Working closely with HR and executive leadership at leading Bay Area companies, I strategize, implement and measure corporate wellness initiatives. Each engagement is tailored to a company’s unique culture, workforce and budget versus a "one size fits" all approach. My corporate clients currently include law firms, banks and tech companies with head counts ranging from 100-10,000+.
Balancing the need for billable hours, deliverables and sales with employee wellness is challenging. HR teams and senior leadership at SF’s most innovative companies are taking strides to integrate wellness into corporate culture. Consider the following:
- Employees who workout three times per week can reduce their healthcare costs by an average of 44% (Blue Cross Blue Shield).
- For every $1 spent per year on wellness programs, medical costs drop by $3.27 and absenteeism costs drop by $2.73 (Katherine Baicker, Harvard School of Public Health).
- Employers with worksite health promotion programs can reduce sick leave absenteeism by 27% (IHRSA).
- A study by NASA found employees who didn’t exercise regularly were 50% less efficient.
Working closely with HR and corporate leadership I help my clients determine what program components will have the biggest impact. Many programs include a mix of:
- Monthly “Lunch and Learn” seminars where we explore topics like nutritional best practices, ergonomics and stress reduction techniques.
- On-site events and classes including a Posture Improvement Boot Camp, Functional Movement Screens, guided meditations, personal trainer “office hours” and massage therapy.
- Corporate Challenges where leadership and staff come together to achieve measurable goals for improved health and performance.
- Tailored educational content such as articles, podcasts and videos for employee newsletters and HR portals.
Fast Company shares more on business and health initiatives, including an interview with my long-time client, Tom Gaynor. I've been fortunate to work with some of the Bay Area's most innovative and forward-thinking companies including the partial list below. Contact me to discuss consulting with your company.
- CBS Interactive
- Morrison Foerster
- Nixon Peabody
- Union Bank