Corporate Wellness & Consulting
Working closely with HR, executive leadership and program teams at leading Bay Area companies, I strategize, implement and measure corporate wellness initiatives. Each engagement is tailored to a company’s unique culture, workforce and budget versus a "one size fits" all approach. My corporate clients currently include law firms, banks and tech companies with head counts ranging from 10-10,000+.
Can Corporate Wellness Have an Impact?
Balancing the need for billable hours, deliverables and sales with employee wellness is challenging. HR teams and senior leadership at SF’s most innovative companies are taking strides to integrate wellness into corporate culture. Consider the following:
- Employees who workout three times per week can reduce their healthcare costs by an average of 44% (Blue Cross Blue Shield).
- For every $1 spent per year on wellness programs, medical costs drop by $3.27 and absenteeism costs drop by $2.73 (Katherine Baicker, Harvard School of Public Health).
- Employers with worksite health promotion programs can reduce sick leave absenteeism by 27% (IHRSA).
- A study by NASA found employees who didn’t exercise regularly were 50% less efficient.
What Does a Wellness Program Look Like?
I help my clients determine what program components and schedule will have the biggest impact. Many programs include a mix of:
- Educational seminars on topics like Clean Eating 101, Managing Stress, Workplace Ergonomics and Mobility, Brain Health, Sleep Science and Building an Effective Fitness Program.
- Hands-on workshops and demonstrations like How to Make the Perfect Smoothie, Designing an Office Walk Club and Strength Building in the Office.
- On-site and off-site fitness events and classes including boot camps, posture improvement workshops and private yoga/meditation.
- Corporate Challenges where leadership and staff come together to achieve measurable goals for improved health and performance.
- Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coaching "Office Hours" or 1/1 appointments for confidential coaching.
- Tailored educational content such as articles, podcasts and videos for employee newsletters and HR portals.
Who I Work With
I've been fortunate to work with some of the Bay Area's most innovative and forward-thinking companies including the partial list below. Contact me to discuss consulting with your company.
- CBS Interactive
- Morrison Foerster
- Nixon Peabody
- Union Bank
- Willis Towers Watson