As a trainer in San Francisco's financial district my clients tend to be super busy, successful professionals. They often travel for work and don't always have access to or time for a gym while they're on the road. Travel puts a lot of physical and mental stress on the body so it's important to carve out even just a few minutes to move and breath. So I've created this 10-minute total body workout that can be done just about anywhere (perfect for a hotel room). Just be sure to slip this hip band and a resistance band in your suitcase.
JJ's 10-Minute Total Body Workout
Perform each of the following 10 exercises for one minute. If one minute is too much, try 45s or 30s. If you have more than 10 minutes, circuit through two or three times for a longer workout. Be sure to do a quick dynamic warmup before you start. In the video I show a few seconds of proper form for each exercise and also demonstrate options for progressions. I've also included an image below the video that shows all of the moves.
- Forearm Plank
- Side Plank (options: add dips and/or twists)
- Lateral Side Steps
- Bodyweight Squats (option: hold a heavy object to add load for a goblet squat)
- Hip Thrusts
- Isometric Hip Extension Hold
- Half Kneeling Pull Down (option: combine cables for single arm)
- "Yoga Push Ups" (option: use knees to get up and focus on slow movement to the floor)
- Standing Row (option: combine cables for single arm)
- Band Breaks Across Chest (note: tuck your pelvis and keep your ribcage down)