I am living for this super easy and super healthy curry chicken salad recipe. I made it a few weeks ago and ate off of it for an entire week as entrees or snacks.
Here is the basic recipe.
- Poach four large chicken breasts (about 40 oz) by putting them in a large pot, covering with water and adding one cup of low sodium chicken broth (optional), some chopped garlic (optional) and the juice of one lemon (optional).
- Boil chicken on medium/high for about 15-20m.
- Take the chicken out and let rest for about 20 minutes.
- Shred the chicken finely with your fingers into a large bowl and add one cup of non or low fat Greek yogurt, 1-2 tablespoons of yellow curry powder, 1-2 tablespoons of honey mustard and salt to taste.
- Optional: add 1/4 cup each of unsalted slivered almonds and organic seedless raisins.
- Makes at least four servings. Store in the fridge and eat throughout the week on its own, in a wrap or over greens/salad. Macros in pic are for 1/4 of recipe and include almonds and raisins.
Several of my clients jumped on board, made it their own and have been loving it.
Iris served her version over greens with chickpeas and other goodies.
And Sarah, a vegetarian, made a vegetarian version.